Table of contentsAbout Us
Vision and Approach
Site Notes and FAQs
Partner With Us
Donate to The Art Story
Like The Art Story on Facebook
The Art Story – About Us
At a Glance52.8M Readers (from Inception)
422 passionate contributors
10.4M Million Yearly Readers
20% Annual Visitor Growth
Our Art Pages:
The Problem: Art is inaccessible!
Very often brilliant academics explain art solely to other brilliant academics, not to the world at large. Volumes are written that can only be accessed and interpreted by the few.
The Solution: Birth of The Art Story
We believe in a world where the ideas and aspirations behind wondrous art works are accessible to everyone to explore and be inspired by. TheArtStory.org helps millions of people each year understand and enjoy every style of art, from Classical Greek statues, to Dali’s Surrealist concoctions, to Contemporary Conceptual explorations.
Why The Art Story
1. Quality of Content - We start with material produced by brilliant academics who are also great writers. Our writers either have PhDs or are experts in their fields.
2. Ease of Use - We are careful to provide consistency from one page to the next, as is done in the highest quality encyclopedias. We offer clear, understandable overview pages - not technical, over-cited content, so you'll never be bogged down by annoying art jargon.
3. Consistent, Thoughtful Organization - Then we organize their writings in ways that can only be accomplished on-line, such as interactive timelines and user-friendly cross-referencing. Once you see and understand how our pages are organized, you can learn about art with ease.
4. The Joy of Art - We all want to enjoy art, and understand what we are looking at. Our eloquent overview pages and friendly presentation make it easy to appreciate great works of art.
5. Sheer Size - TheArtStory.Org now has the equivalent of over 19,000 written pages of art content, and we are growing every week. No printed book can compete with this. The internet is a powerful delivery mechanism for organizing and presenting extensive content in ways that printed volumes never could.
From the Founder
"After developing a serious desire to understand and appreciate Modern Art, I found the then-available sources of information far too limited. Many excellent art books are too narrow in their scope, and are hard to reconcile with each other. On the internet, it was nearly impossible to find quality information organized in a consistent manner."
"I believe a good resource can help us address all these issues, and bring art education into the 21st century. The Arts are all about the ideas that should be exposed to the world, and this website and the organization as a whole strive to achieve this goal."